Cyforumia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cyforumia

A online forum Cybercountry

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Constitution

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
John Brown
Nobody
Nobody

Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Constitution   Constitution Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Maybe this country needs a constitution. But first what is the proper role of a cyber-government? And who decides that?

~ John Brown (Ben)
Back to top Go down
Founder
President
President

Bio Sheets
Name:
Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution   Constitution Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 pm

I was thinking the same, for a constitution.
I think that the people who sign up can propose bills to shape the forum to their wants. As soon as I get more people, it will really get going.
How about we start to write the Constitution in this topic? I'm not sure how to start though.
Back to top Go down
https://cyforumia.forumotion.net
John Brown
Nobody
Nobody

Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution   Constitution Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 pm

I think if the constitution is good then all the other laws that branch off of it should turn out good as well.

Just like the nature of a screwdriver depends on the type of screw you want to turn, I think the nature of the law should depend on the purpose of the law.

The most broad or general purpose of law is to promote and protect the highest well-being or happiness of everyone. If there is anything that might threaten the highest well-being of everyone then it must be avoided or prohibited.

Disobedience must also be punished. Law without punishment for breaking it is only advice.

Also the punishment must be fair. An eye for an eye, not two eyes for one eye, etc.

But back to the purpose of the laws. Maybe it would be good in a cyber-country to have some goal or general purpose or mission in mind. It could be as general or as specific as you want. The more specific the goal is the more specific the law must be. You could even have temporary short-term goals which might require laws to be passed in order to reach them.

Perhaps a general primary purpose for the forum and then secondary goals which fit with the ultimate purpose?

One you have some goals in mind then it will be easier to come up with laws that will protect and promote these goals in the best way.

There's a lot about government that I don't know. Like what the purpose and the proper role of government is. This should determine what is acceptable action for a government (and thus the proper constitution). Also what is the proper role of the private citizen in relationship to the government?

I recently bought a book "Two Treatises of Government and A Letter Concerning Toleration" by John Locke. I haven't started reading it yet though.
Back to top Go down
Founder
President
President

Bio Sheets
Name:
Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution   Constitution Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:52 am

"You could even have temporary short-term goals which might require laws to be passed in order to reach them."

I was thinking that. People could propose laws and then we can vote on them.

I think for the other people participating this could be a good learning experience. Learning how government is run and learning that you can't always get your way, when a bill is rejected.
Back to top Go down
https://cyforumia.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Constitution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution   Constitution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Constitution
Page 1 of 1